Food grade Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose (HPMC) and Methylcellulose (MC) are water soluble polymer compliant with food standards.food grade methyl cellulose is widely applied for various processed foods. Functional advantages are versatile as binders, emulsifiers, stabilizers, suspension agents, protective colloids, thickeners and film-forming agents. On top of that, reversible thermal gelation is really unique property of HPMC/MC for food processing. Methylcellulose and Hydroxypropylmethylcellulose have been approved as food additive in many countries including the United States, Europe, Japan, Australia, Canada and some Asian countries.
Is hydroxypropyl methylcellulose safe to eat?
Hydroxypropyl methylcellulose (HPMC), also known as hypromellose, is produced from cellulose, a natural polymer and fiber, which is considered to be safe for human consumption.
Anxin HPMC/MC products can improve by the following properties in food applications:
·Reversible thermal gelation,aqueous solution makes gel upon heating and returns to solutions after cooling. This property is very useful for food processing. For example, it can provide stable viscosity under a wide range of temperature. And this elastic gel helps to reduce oil migration, retain moisture and keep shape during cooking without changing the original texture. Thermal gel provides heat stability to processed foods when deeply fried, baked in ovens and warmed up in microwaves. Furthermore, when eaten, any gummy texture goes away with time passage due to MC/HPMC reversibility.
· Being Non-digestible, Non-Allergenic, Non-Ionic, Non-GMO
· Being tasteless and odorless
· Being stable in the range of pH(3~11) and temperature (-40~280℃)
· Proven to be safe and stable material
· Delivering excellent water-holding property
· Maintaining shape by the unique property of reversible thermo-gelling
· Providing excellent film formation for coated foods and dietary supplements
· Acting as a replacement of Gluten, Fat, and Egg white
· Working for various food applications as foam stabilizer, emulsifier, dispersing agent, etc.
|Recommend Grade:||Request TDS|
|MC 55AX15||Click here|
|MC 55AX30000||Click here|